Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a big fan of ultralight setups for bass fishing, what ultralight setup do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleurpink
    replied
    Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post

Ive gotten some big ones on my trout rod it’s a blast with those tiny rods but they can get off easily.
    Yes i agree i use them since a month a think and they can get off easily
    audacity temp mail origin

Leave a comment:

• Solitario Lupo
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
    I've never intentionally used ultralight gear for bass, but have caught a number of them fishing for perch, crappie and bluegills that way, especially using Trout Magnets. One rod is 6', the other 5.5', both have Okuma Avenger 20 reels with 4# Trilene mono. A 2# smallmouth is a handfull trying to lamd without a net.
    Ive gotten some big ones on my trout rod it’s a blast with those tiny rods but they can get off easily.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    I've never intentionally used ultralight gear for bass, but have caught a number of them fishing for perch, crappie and bluegills that way, especially using Trout Magnets. One rod is 6', the other 5.5', both have Okuma Avenger 20 reels with 4# Trilene mono. A 2# smallmouth is a handfull trying to lamd without a net.

Leave a comment:

• Solitario Lupo
    replied
    Anyone ever try a noodle rod for bass. If you guys like light setups. That would be the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• Fleurpink
    replied
    Originally posted by dwaynez View Post
    I am a big fan of ultralight setups for bass fishing, what ultralight setup do you use?audacity temp mail origin
    I use about a 5-6 foot rad with 4-6 pound line. But i don't know if it's the bedt choice?
    Last edited by Fleurpink; 01-08-2020, 03:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The dick
    replied
    Bass pro 6' 6" micro light rod 500 sized symetry reel with 4lb trilene XL green with 1.5" lures

Leave a comment:

• Lan Popper
    replied
    I use Japanese style ISO 6'6", 2-6lbs rod with no foam or cock grip. 4lbs Maxima dark brown mono on Ecooda Blackhawks 2500 but the reel size as the same as Daiwa 1500. Awesome reel. Very smooth and no line twist. The rod tip is fine. But the excitement is the strike. It felt like a big fish hit you. I love this rod. My lures is always Johnson Bettle Spin jig only 1/16 Oz but in Flour Chartereus colour. Other size or colour doesn't work for me.
    Have hit more than 100 young 12" snakeheads 4 times in 2 1/2 hrs. Rapala,Storm and Duell 1 1)2" minnows, I got ZERO strike. Snakeheads are good fighters.
    If I go for big fish, I can get only a few

Leave a comment:

replied
    now musky on 8 pound line out of a little bait casting reel on a MH rod is a trip and a half.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Abu Garcia unltra light combo i picked up on sale hauled out a 2 pound bass that put up one hell of a fight.

Leave a comment:

• Charley
    replied
    I'm not a big ultralight fan, but i keep a nice uglystick around for hitting crappies from the shore. It's hard to beat the old uglystick.

Leave a comment:

• senkoman12
    replied
    i have a cheap $25 walmart setup but its a heck of a rod i use 6lb line what ever i can get and for lures i use small jigs or crankbaits

Leave a comment:

• kjflorian
    replied
    I have a 5' and a 5'6" one and both work well. I use a Sonoma reel for them.

Leave a comment:

• dwaynez
    replied
    Appreciate the feedback from everyone.

my favorite setup is a spidercast spidermite with 1 or 2lb mono with a 6'6" rod. When you set the hook on a crappie or small bass or even a good sized perch it will bend from tip to tip.

Again I appreciate the responses

Leave a comment:

• Golfing Sportsman
    replied
    Guys, the man said ULTRA light, I use a six foot rod with a fast tip, a browning ice fishing size reel and 1 lb test mono. Favorite lure is a 1/16 or 1/32 oz rooster tail. This setup will catch tons of smallies on shallow summer time rivers and a 3/4 pound fish feels huge, hook into a 2 pounder and you'd swear you have moby dick on the other end of the line.

Leave a comment:

• Alex Pernice the fly rod winner
    replied
    7'2" Ultralight with 4 pound floro or 6 pound GREEN Trilene if I can find it. For bait, small cranks or a Curly tail grub in Chartruse or white on an 1/8 oz jig.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Finally after 35 years of looking I found one.
    by Milldawg
    Well it’s not fancy it’s beretta 950b .22 short. It’s the same type of pistol I learned to shoot a pistol with as wee lad. This one was passed to...
    Today, 08:31 AM
  • Reply to Finally after 35 years of looking I found one.
    by jhjimbo
    Nice family heirloom to keep in the family.
    For leather I wash all my leather holsters in K-1. Soak them in clean K-1 and then let them drain and...
    Today, 10:16 AM
  • Reply to Finally after 35 years of looking I found one.
    by FirstBubba
    Is that the one with the barrel that pops up in the back to load the first round?
    Knew a guy who had one. Always wanted to make an offer on it,...
    Today, 09:42 AM
  • Reply to Apologies
    by Pmacc60
    Turned on Fox News this morning and heard disturbing things about Joe Biden’s executive orders and I started to get nervous until I realized it was...
    Today, 09:13 AM
  • Apologies
    by Pmacc60
    I must apologize to Honk, Rock Rat and 99 ! Today I watched and really listened to the inauguration and commentary on ABC. I realize I am a White Suprematist...
    Yesterday, 08:22 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X