Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a big fan of ultralight setups for bass fishing, what ultralight setup do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a big fan of ultralight setups for bass fishing, what ultralight setup do you use?

I am a big fan of ultralight setups for bass fishing, what ultralight setup do you use?

I really like the Quantum Ultra light rods. I like them because the tip of the rod is so sensitive for fishing species like soft biting walleyes to having enough strength to fight the larg Montana bulltrout. I personally use the 6-12 lb test setup and a 6'6'' rod. The 12 lb test could come in handy if you got in some pretty weedy areas. I use mine to fish all acrost the state and I love it, I once caught a 20 lb sheeps head on It, that was a heck of a fight.

Comment

I love the 5'3" Ugly Stick with 12lb. test braid when I'm in the thick stuff trying to pull out lunkers. Your not going to hurt an Ugly Stick no matter how much you have to muscle out a fish. Catching a 6lb. bass on this setup is awesome!!!

Comment

I use about a 5-6 foot rad with 4-6 pound line. for the bait I use a curly tail grub on a snap spinner.

Comment

7'2" Ultralight with 4 pound floro or 6 pound GREEN Trilene if I can find it. For bait, small cranks or a Curly tail grub in Chartruse or white on an 1/8 oz jig.

Comment

Guys, the man said ULTRA light, I use a six foot rod with a fast tip, a browning ice fishing size reel and 1 lb test mono. Favorite lure is a 1/16 or 1/32 oz rooster tail. This setup will catch tons of smallies on shallow summer time rivers and a 3/4 pound fish feels huge, hook into a 2 pounder and you'd swear you have moby dick on the other end of the line.

Comment

Appreciate the feedback from everyone.

my favorite setup is a spidercast spidermite with 1 or 2lb mono with a 6'6" rod. When you set the hook on a crappie or small bass or even a good sized perch it will bend from tip to tip.

Again I appreciate the responses

Comment

I have a 5' and a 5'6" one and both work well. I use a Sonoma reel for them.

Comment

i have a cheap $25 walmart setup but its a heck of a rod i use 6lb line what ever i can get and for lures i use small jigs or crankbaits

Comment

I'm not a big ultralight fan, but i keep a nice uglystick around for hitting crappies from the shore. It's hard to beat the old uglystick.

Comment

Abu Garcia unltra light combo i picked up on sale hauled out a 2 pound bass that put up one hell of a fight.

Comment

now musky on 8 pound line out of a little bait casting reel on a MH rod is a trip and a half.

Comment

I use Japanese style ISO 6'6", 2-6lbs rod with no foam or cock grip. 4lbs Maxima dark brown mono on Ecooda Blackhawks 2500 but the reel size as the same as Daiwa 1500. Awesome reel. Very smooth and no line twist. The rod tip is fine. But the excitement is the strike. It felt like a big fish hit you. I love this rod. My lures is always Johnson Bettle Spin jig only 1/16 Oz but in Flour Chartereus colour. Other size or colour doesn't work for me.
                          Have hit more than 100 young 12" snakeheads 4 times in 2 1/2 hrs. Rapala,Storm and Duell 1 1)2" minnows, I got ZERO strike. Snakeheads are good fighters.
                          If I go for big fish, I can get only a few

Comment

Bass pro 6' 6" micro light rod 500 sized symetry reel with 4lb trilene XL green with 1.5" lures

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Season ends
                              by Amflyer
                              Got-dammit Mtnhunter, that's not news I'm keen to hear. Keep at it man, and have a blessed Christmas. Slàinte Mhath, and RTR!...
                              Yesterday, 11:57 PM
                            • Season ends
                              by Ontario Honker Hunter
                              On my way home ... finally. Headed to West Side (Montana) for Thanksgiving with my brothers but a very nasty blizzard delayed me till Saturday. After...
                              Yesterday, 12:41 AM
                            • Reply to End of an era
                              by Milldawg
                              Dew man guy who owns the land a farm of his wants the spot so I’m out. All of this started since there is monster running around out there....
                              Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                            • End of an era
                              by Milldawg
                              Well lost my hunting spot of 7 years last Saturday. So now I’m joining the lease crowd. Any advice this will be my first year leasing ground next year....
                              Yesterday, 03:35 PM
                            • Reply to Season ends
                              by WA Mtnhunter
                              I’m 70, battling cancer, trying to stay in shape, and still working my dogs. Not going to quit until I can’t get on my feet. I’ve had a good run,...
                              Yesterday, 10:39 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X