Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just recently bought some new frogs baits, after seeing an increase in use on the professional tournament and hearing about th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just recently bought some new frogs baits, after seeing an increase in use on the professional tournament and hearing about th

I just recently bought some new frogs baits, after seeing an increase in use on the professional tournament and hearing about them in Field and stream. Any ideas on the best way to fish them?

I use artificial frogs on small ponds or in an area where the water is shallow. Cast to the bank or to structure and pull about 4 inches and let sit. Do this until you retrieve to the boat or bank. If you are throwing to the bank cast just a little ways onto land and slowly pull into water and let sit for about 30 seconds. If you catch a fish on a frog it is usually a good fish.

Comment

Find some lily pads or vegetation, maybe even timber laydowns or brush.
      Cast into the veg, wait, twitch, twitch, pause, twitch twitch twitch, pause, twitch bang! Wait till you feel the fish and set the hook.
      I am a big fan of the Scum Rat vs. Scumfrog but both work. Black has been the best color for me.

Comment

I agree with chuckles and rabbitpolice. I use them right on the weed line and over lily pads. Just really make sure to wait for the fish to get it in its mouth. I can't tell you how many I have missed because I'm not patient enough.

Comment

I agree. I love to fish them on pads or over any thick vegetation. Just count to 3 when he sucks it under or its coming back in the boat.

Comment

I agree with fishing them over lilly pads and thick vegetation, i use them a lot over weeds when i cant throw anything else in there. make sure you have a stiff pole otherwise you could get yourself into trouble!

Comment

guessing i would say that a tenth of my bass come from after it is out of the pads. I never give up on a cast until its really close to the boat.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad