Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm having a problem with my lines. All the monofilaments I buy or look at reviews of online ( Trilene XT, all Stren, and Spider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm having a problem with my lines. All the monofilaments I buy or look at reviews of online ( Trilene XT, all Stren, and Spider

I'm having a problem with my lines. All the monofilaments I buy or look at reviews of online ( Trilene XT, all Stren, and Spiderwire Mono and bass pro shops brand line mono) all have terrible memory. What mono is there with less memory or none at all?

I think you need to give more info on what type of problem you are having. Are you using spinning reels and the line is getting twisted or a baitcaster? By saying they all have terrible memory, I assume you're talking about a spinning reel that is getting some serious line twist. If so, it may be the way you are putting the line on the reel, and not the line itself. As for brands, I've had bad luck with trilene, but very good luck with Stren, Spiderline mono, and Suffix.

Comment

Yeah sounds like you put the line on wrong. Just make sure the line is going on the reel clockwise and its coming off the spool counterclockwise. I like Stren and Bass Pro Exel line.

Comment

I have had great success with Stren and Cajun Red

Comment

I am using a spinning reel. I want to catch trout and bass with it. The trilene I bought wrapped over itself so much I couldn't even get 5 feet on. What Stren do you use? Super knot, orginial, or ultra thin?

Comment

I use Stren Original, 4-lb. test for trout. When you put it onto your reel, lay the Stren spool on the floor, tie the tag end to the spool on your reel. Start reeling. While you reel, keep pressure on the line with your free hand so that the line doesn't go on loose. Watch the line as it comes off the spool, and if you notice any twisting, turn the spool over. Hope that's clearer than mud. I'll check back to see if you have any questions.

Comment

i switched to braided line and like it/spider wire

Comment

make sure you run the line through the eyes on the rod before you start reeling. put the line on the way it is going to come off. all mono has memory. depending on what you are fishing for and the conditions, maybe try florocarbon.

Comment

Maybe you are using to heavy a line. Trilene XL is extra limp and better for spinnings reels then XT, extra tough, which is better for baitcasters.

Comment

P-Line

Comment

All mono has some memory. I've found that big name brands like trilene and stren are good.

Comment

Agreed with jlfreeborn answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Best Performing Straight walled Case
                          by fitch270
                          Buck, Walmart does these deals starting in August each year, unfortunately the ones in NY don’t seem to participate. I keep catching wind of them on...
                          Today, 08:41 PM
                        • Best Performing Straight walled Case
                          by Buckshott00
                          Here's a noodle scratcher: What is the most optimized highest performing Straight Walled Case?

Some states have moved beyond "shotgun...
                          09-17-2020, 02:19 AM
                        • Reply to Rip -rbg
                          by labrador12
                          It is hard for me to believe that our politics have degenerated to the level that they have. The Democrats are threatening death and destruction if they...
                          Today, 08:17 PM
                        • Rip -rbg
                          by fitch270
                          2020 adding to it's bag of tricks....
                          Yesterday, 09:26 PM
                        • Reply to Rip -rbg
                          by FirstBubba
                          "... D executive and legislative, strong R scotus to keep them in line. ..."

...and you think SCOTUS kept Obabble in line?
                          Today, 08:04 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X