Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what colors work in muddy water, and which ones work in clear

what colors work in muddy water, and which ones work in clear

any eye catching color will work well in muddy water in clear water a watermelon green will work well also try bubble gum color

Comment

Anything bright

Comment

Dark colors work well in stained water. Chartruese/white works in clear water.

With that said, While fishing for steelhead last month they were only taking light colored flies and the water was stained. I guess it's goes to show tht fish do not read fishing books.

Comment

When I fish for bass, I usually use chartruese for the times the water isn't clear but not terribly dingy. I like to use dark red for muddy water. White and natural oolors work well for me in clear water. Hope this helps.

Comment

I have always had good success with blue/black and motoroil or a crawfish pattern for stained or muddy water.

For clear water I like to use a pumpkinseed or purple/firetail pattern.

Comment

I usually have luck with with a darker watermelon green for anything from trout to bass and crappie. When the water is really dirty, I also try to use something that makes noise or something like a curly tail grub.

Comment

all bright in mudy works fine thiough i like purple best

Comment

I know it seems weird, but the darker the water the darker the bait. And vice versa for clear.

Comment

well in clear water i use a firetiger rapala or i will use a yellow and red spoon. They both work wonders

Comment

I like dark colors or chartreuse for stained water. clear water gets white.

Comment

Purple, navy, red, orange, and black

Comment

Stained water allows you to screw up more in the action of the bait... and as for colors, I would go with something dark and sparkly for muddy water with a lot of action and for clear water... something that shines with the sun light.

Comment

Shiny for murky, and a little more subdued for clear water.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad