Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do spoons work for smallies? Any of those new holographic finishes any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do spoons work for smallies? Any of those new holographic finishes any good?

Do spoons work for smallies? Any of those new holographic finishes any good?

Spoons will work fine for smallmouth bass. I have caught many on a spoon called a little cleo.

Comment

spoons work for almost any fishing. a classic lure.

Comment

Spoons are great for smallmouth bass. The new finishes can be good, but a classic gold spoon works very well. Depends on the water and the mood of the fish.

Let the spoon sink, rip it, let it sink.

Comment

Spoons can be good. I would prefer to throw them in deeper water though. There are better choices in shallower water.

Comment

I should have said it before, i'll be fishing on a river

Comment

Spoons are great for just about any predatory river fish. They cast far, and sink or swing with the current well. Spoons and tube jigs are about all you need for river smallies.

Comment

i hear spinnerbaits are good smallie baits in rivers. I wouldnt throw spoons. I would throw tubes, spinnerbaits, and maybe some grubs.

Comment

Yep. Spoons work great. They are best at dawn, when smallies do most of their hunting. Move the spoons fast in fast and shallow water, slower in deeper.

Comment

Thomas bouyants or Daredevils work well in "trout" sizes, but I prefer rapalas in clear water.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad