Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best pole to use for bass fishing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best pole to use for bass fishing.

What is the best pole to use for bass fishing.

you should get a pole that is not to big for you to hold on to or it also does not need to be to small where it is hard to use it correctly. for me i like my Zebco rod and reel combo.

Comment

i use a typical 6ft ugly stick with shakespeare real and it works great.

Comment

It all depends. I've used a 5.5 footer, and one time i borrowed a 7.5 footer. Usually, I use a 6.5 foot spinning setup.

Comment

I likw the rhino rods. I like the unbreakable guarntee that they have. They are fairly sensitve and work really well for not a lot of money.

Comment

ugly stick with a spinning reel you can feel about any thing usually 5.5 feet

Comment

Ugly Stick makes a great rod, very durable and very cost effective. My favorite is a 7ft model.

I also am a big fan of abu garcia for top water and jig fishing, their higher end rods hold up well.

Comment

6-7 feet is ideal

Comment

If you are a beginner the best 2 combos would be a 6'6"MH casting rod with a low-profile baitcaster spooled with 12lb line and a 6'6"M spinning rod with a 40 size reel spooled with 8lb line. This will let you fish the widest range of techniques.

Comment

i cant believe i just read uglystick is the best rod twice. makes me sick

Comment

I like Berkley rods a lot. Lightning Rods have served me well for the money as a beginner. Move up from there as your skills develop.

Comment

Ugly Stick with Shakespeare Reel!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad