Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i fish a pond that is covered in lilly pads whats a way to clean them out they put in grass carp but i dont thinkitll help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i fish a pond that is covered in lilly pads whats a way to clean them out they put in grass carp but i dont thinkitll help

i fish a pond that is covered in lilly pads whats a way to clean them out they put in grass carp but i dont thinkitll help

From my experience, grass carp will not eat them. Grass carp are selectively effective, meaning that there are algaes they prefer over others. My lake has a problem with filamentous algae and the grass carp I have do not eat it because it is not their preferred food. 8 oz of Cutrine-Plus and 2oz of Reward per gallon of water will kill any water vegetation that it touches.

Comment

If you wish to be target-specific in your approach, I suggest you check out www.lilypadremoval.com.

Comment

If you are bass fishing I wouldn't clean them out unless they are so thick it is un-fishable. Lily pads make for great bass fishing most of the time.

Comment

Dont clean them out. Im with dtbc333 on this one. Lily pads are awesome for bass fishing. Go stick a hawg in the pads, and it will be a memorable experience!

Comment

aquacide pellets www.killLakeweeds.com/307
            1-800-328-9350

Comment

dtbc333 is right, but if it is really unfishable alewives (a shad-like fish) clean lilypads out to an extent and get bass really fat, i think shad would do the same, but be sure to check your local regulations before stocking them!

Comment

it is preety much un fishable the pads come about 2 feet above the water and there is no gaps intil about 60 feet out

Comment

it is preety much un fishable the pads come about 2 feet above the water and there is no gaps intil about 60 feet out

Comment

You can buy a product called rodeo, its not toxic to the aquatic life and works great. I live on a 12 acre lake and use it in front of my house. I sprayed 2 yrs ago and area stil clear where i sprayed. It kills the roots and is an easy product to use

Comment

Originally posted by Rred View Post
                      You can buy a product called rodeo, its not toxic to the aquatic life and works great. I live on a 12 acre lake and use it in front of my house. I sprayed 2 yrs ago and area stil clear where i sprayed. It kills the roots and is an easy product to use
                      have you inhaled this product? if so, are you ok from it?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Court Says.....
                        by jhjimbo
                        Can not restrict concealed carry.
                        Lawyer on TV says Court should look at history and tradition. If we did that we would be burning witches at the...
                        Today, 01:01 PM
                      • Reply to You guys are sleeping
                        by Danbo
                        What? How?
                        Are they not true?

Did I hit a nerve ?

Every thing I said is true. Our criminals have many handguns without...
                        Today, 12:56 PM
                      • You guys are sleeping
                        by fitch270
                        Can’t believe I’m posting this first.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna17721
                        06-23-2022, 11:54 AM
                        by jhjimbo
                        I said a permit could stop someone who should not get one, period. All the other qualifiers you added and really, they sound stupid....
                        Today, 12:30 PM
                        by Danbo
                        The sheriff does it here in NY also but yet the criminals still have any firearms that they wan in NY. Ohio must have no gun violence if you think the...
                        Today, 12:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X