Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you change your tactics from day to night when fishing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you change your tactics from day to night when fishing.

How do you change your tactics from day to night when fishing.

Im curious in relation to bait choices, color, size or baits that typically work better at night.

Comment

At night I use darker and larger baits that make noise in one way or another. Usually topwater works very well at night, but it's not something I commonly do in the day except for in thick cover or in saltwater. Fish tend to go shallower at night. They feel safer near the surface then, and the water isn't to warm for them. So basically I go bigger, darker, louder and shallower.

That's generalist advice though, it all depends on the location and target species. If it worked well during the day, there's a chance it will work at night too. You don't always have to change tactics if it's still productive as it gets darker.

Comment

Use bigger lures that give off more vibration and noise. Black is the only color you will need. Black spinnerbaits with a single colorado blade, black 10 inch worms, black buzzbaits, etc.

Comment

in the day when fishing for white bass we use jigs, at night we use lights with live minnows

Comment

I make my brother leave the boat. He tends to snag my ear on his backcast when it gets dark.

Comment

I do the same things as shane and Ethan3. Good advice there and I would add Zara Spooks and Jitterbugs to the list of effective lures at night.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad