Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i always fish for bass and i can never find a lure that acctually works....... So wat is the best large mouth bass lure to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i always fish for bass and i can never find a lure that acctually works....... So wat is the best large mouth bass lure to use?

i always fish for bass and i can never find a lure that acctually works....... So wat is the best large mouth bass lure to use?

Either live shiners (Minnows) under a bobber drifted by a weed bed or plastic worms (Power bait) on a Texas rig.

Comment

Hard to beat a texas rigged plastic worm, Pumpkin seed, dark green, dark blue and black are my favorites. Look at Zoom and Culprit for brands to choose from.

Comment

I agree with beekeeper, a plastic worm worked slowly across the bottom. I really like to fish with red colored worm. This time of year grubs also seem to work well. One last thing: you may not be catching bass because they are not there, not because your using the wrong lure. Bass fishing is all about periods of movement. Depending on the water temp, they may be shallow or deep. I really like the In-fisherman series, is gives a great look at a year in the life of a bass. Good luck.

Comment

I do well with darker colored worms with curly tails, but I also do just as well with 4 inch plastic crawdads twitched with short jerking motions.

Comment

i catch a lot with green lures an black and purple worms

Comment

Soft plastics: Texas rigged worms or tube baits.
              If the bite is tough go with a 4" ring worm or finesse worm.

Spinnerbaits are a good bait to catch a few bass, change up the retrieve to find out what the bass are looking for.

Comment

I like worms and have caught some big ones on them but here is what I did about 2 weeks ago that worked well. I respooled my reel with 17 lb test and went with a Chartruess willow leaf spinner with a red hook and a little red in the skirt. I threw it right in the weeds and lilly pads they tore it up! I'm waiting for the weather to get stable here in AR and I will be out daily.

Comment

i really like rattle trap

Comment

I have probably caught more large mouth with the Rapala top water minnow or similar lures than anything else. Plus I love when they hit top water lures. Yo-Zuri makes a silver minnow that I've had lots of luck with also. That being said, I've also caught lots on Texas and Carolina rigged black or purple and chartruese worms, pumpkin seed twin tailed grubs and weedless frog lures.

Comment

Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad