Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used those new Rapala X-Raps? Are they effective? Just wondering for a canoe/fishing trip to Canada this summer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used those new Rapala X-Raps? Are they effective? Just wondering for a canoe/fishing trip to Canada this summer.

Has anyone used those new Rapala X-Raps? Are they effective? Just wondering for a canoe/fishing trip to Canada this summer.

yes, I've used the X-Raps with good results. They are very much like the original shad raps. They come in models that cover 2-4 feet of water all the way to models that cover 15-20 foot deep water. Most of my use has been for bass but I am sure they would work well for other species.

Comment

i used them a few seasons ago with varying rates of success. they work well for bass and pike. couldnt hurt to pick up a few.

Comment

How effective a lure is depends more on the operator than the lure. Most all lures will work well for at least someone or they would not make it to the market. Rapala makes very good lures and used correctly, will most certainly catch fish, but are no guarantee for a successful fishing trip.

Comment

Yes and yes. Use a very jerky erratic retrieve and you'll probably do well with smallmouth bass and pike.

Comment

Any lure whose name starts with "Rapala" will be excellent for the waters you are fishing. The only problem I have had with any of the Rapalas is removing the multiple little sharp hooks from the thoat of big fish that have inhaled them.

Comment

They're okay ive caught a few bass on them... I'm sure it couldnt hurt, ive used all types of rapalas and had pretty good results.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad