Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might be a stupid question but once i catch a fish how do i store it until i get home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaineDillard22
    replied
    cooler full of ice

Leave a comment:

• country road
    replied
    An ice chest is the best for keeping the fish for eating. A stringer would be second best, but don't use one of those chain stringers with clips because a decent size bass can straighten out the clip, and I found out much to my disappointment.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    With trout, i'll usually gut it quickly and wrap it in some streamside grass or vegetation and keep it in my creel. Often i'll release them but it depends on my dinner plans.

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Jonathan
    replied
    in a cooler

Leave a comment:

• Sourdough Dave
    replied
    Mine goes on a stringer and back in the water, or if I didn't bring a stringer I cut a willow and trim off all but the lowest branch so it is a "J" shaped stick and string it on that and put it in the water held in place with a rock. When stream fishing I'm on the move with walk and stalk so I keep my fish in a kreel with some grass or bracken that I wet down in the stream. When ice fishing I drill another hole and use a stringer attached to a board that lays across the top of the hole.

Leave a comment:

• Sticknstringarchery
    replied
    5 Gallon bucket of water with a lid on it. I usually put a couple holes in the lid. Lowe's or Home Depot sales them with lids for about $5-$8.00. I have never used a cooler except one time for trout and it worked fine. I like to use a new bucket that hasn't had any chemicals in it.

Leave a comment:

• OutdoorsDave
    replied
    Well I usually keep it in a bucket of water or a cooler with ice that usually does the trick.

Leave a comment:

• Might be a stupid question but once i catch a fish how do i store it until i get home?

Might be a stupid question but once i catch a fish how do i store it until i get home?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad