Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'd like to start an informal group called Hunting and Fishing Gear Addicts Anonymous (HFGAA). We could meet here for the time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to start an informal group called Hunting and Fishing Gear Addicts Anonymous (HFGAA). We could meet here for the time

I'd like to start an informal group called Hunting and Fishing Gear Addicts Anonymous (HFGAA). We could meet here for the time being until it grows, if it grows. My name's Jbird, and I am a hunting and fishing gear addict. I have more gear than I could possibly use in my lifetime, and I can't stop purchasing more. There, I've said it. I'm not loaded, so lately it's just been a bit of camo here, a call there, a lure here, a reel there. I do believe this is a true addiction, and I'd like to bring it to light for all of us suffering from it. So, anyone else want to join the group?

I know many people suffering from this common addiction. It can cost you hours of fun on the water or in the treestand.

Comment

My name is Streack and I need help, I once turned down a night on the town with a young lady in order to finance a new Zink Paralyzer goose call. I know I am in the advanced stages of this addiction and if help does not come soon I will forever be caught up in this life style. May God have mercy on my soul.

Comment

i think there might not be much hope for me but if guys think you can help me i'll give it a try

Comment

Streack, I am proud of your courage for admitting this. You are in the advanced stages. Just take little steps to try to get better, you'll never be cured, but I believe you can get better. First step, get your priorities straight for God's sake man! Women before gear! It's ok, I've cost myself many lonely nights w/my wife for purchansing something that I just "had to have". But I did hide the disease until she was my "wife". Play your cards right, you don't want to be old and ALONE and addicted.
          hjohn429, Im not sure how buying new stuff can cost you hours of fun on the water or in the stand, but I hear your confusing words as a cry for help. It's ok to admit you have this affliction. We're here to support you. We suffer TOO.

Comment

Dear soon to be hfgaa members. I am here to help you. You can call me a counselor of some sort. I feel the first step for all you gentlemen in beating this is to remove all temptaion around you. My suggestion to you is that you get all of your hunting and fishing gear put it in a box and send it to me so i can dispose of it properly. I am so willing to help you with your addiction i will even pay for the shipping. But if you are going to get rid of this addiction you need to give up 100% of your gear. Guns, boats, hunting vehicles, and yes even hunting land. Giving up your gear may have a reverse effect at first making you want to buy more gear. But you can also send that gear to me too! Once again i hope you can overcome your addiction and i am here to help.

Comment

willkillsdeer, there is hope. Just knowing how many of us suffer from this diseade is enough to bring a ray of hope. Now let me be frank, I don't believe there is a "cure" for this. Our best bet is to take the diabetes stance/ where we try to live w/ and manage our illness. Just focus on keeping the disease under control enough to avoid all-out financial disaster. That's the first step, for if you declare bankruptcy, you will lose alot of your stuff, or at least your residency where you keep your gear. Welcome to the group friend, we can survive this!

Comment

victoryw228- SHAME ON YOU! Preying on the weakness of HFGAA members is dispicable! You are in the horrible stages of this disease, one where you'll do anything to get your fix, including scheming, cunning, and trying to trick other addicts into supplying you w/ more gear. You need help man, you need help. Join us, don't prey upon us. Shameful indeed.

Comment

If addiction is a disease and this disease has no cure I need to go on permanent disability.

Comment

Golfing Sportsman, we're gonna need ALOT more members to get that. There's millions of Alcoholics Anonymous members, and not one alcoholic on permanent disability. No, you just have to learn to "live" w/ your disease. Here's a tip, if it's nice enough to golf, it's nice enough to fish. There, now if your a "real" addict, you'll sell your golf gear and buy fishing stuff. Welcome to HFGAA anyways. We don't discriminate, even towards "golfers".

Comment

Who me? I don't have a gear problem. And I don't appreciate you implying that I do. I just like being prepared ... for any situation ... at any time. So, whether you catch me at the office, or at home, or just in my vehicle, I'll be ready ... prepared for any outdoor activity.

Comment

I don't mean to be rude but I have never heard of anything so preposterous in all my life. It's something called self control, if you don't need it you don't buy it. where in the world do you get the money for all the stuff in the first place. If you have your life in order and your priorities straight you shouldn't have this " disease or addiction" to begin with. It is a conscious decision you are making to buy what ever it is. No one is holding a gun to your back forcing you to buy it. It's as simple as walking away from what ever you are looking at.

Comment

rabbitpolice88, I think that you maybe in denial. I don't think that I have a problem, but my wife thinks i do. Does that mean that I'm in denial too?

Comment

MLH and rrmont, it's ok to deny it. We've all been there. When you're ready to take that 1st huge step: admitting you have the addiction, HFGAA will accept you w/open and understanding arms. We know all the different stages of your affliction, and we don't judge.

rabbitpolice88, we are glad that your life is in such order, and you exhibit so much self control. We members of HFGAA would like to be that way too, but oh, the powers of rationalization. I hope you never find yourself in the clearance isle of a sporting goods store thinking "I know I don't need this, but man, that's as cheap as I'll ever see it, I'll get it now, then I'll be so glad I did when I do need it". You know, lashing out at others w/the addiction is also a sign, sooo, maybe you're in the closet. If that's the case, don't fret, we'll still accept you whenever you're ready, and we'll forgive you're criticisims. We members of HFGAA know this is a terrible addiction, and can make one do and say bad things. Sleep well Waskilly Wabbit, sleep well.

Oh, and MLH, I feel your pain on the "prepared" deal, right now I think I currently have 5 flashlights in my truck, 2 fishing scales, a turkey call, and my entire cadre of hunting knives. Oh and @ least 4 different pairs of gloves. Ahhh, felt good sharing that w/ the group.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA! wow, truly pathetic. Believe me I do not have a problem with self control. I have 2 deer rifles, 2 knives, 2 fishing poles and one tackle box ( not even full). rrmont, if you are spending money unwisely on things that you don't need or that could be used in a better manor, I would not say you are in denial. You just didn't learn to be responsible with a credit card. If you are not buying things you don't really need than there is no need to worry. Believe me you know whether you need it or not. Something you can actual use, not something you tell yourself you might need in 6 months.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Another New Upper
                                by jhjimbo
                                I have heard certain powder kernel shapes are more abrasive than others on the rifling. Maybe that kind should be used to keep the carbon from forming....
                                Today, 02:24 PM
                              • Another New Upper
                                by DakotaMan
                                Milldawg inspired me so I finished my new 6mm AR upper as a Covid time killer project. I had made a 6mm Creedmoor with an 8 twist Bartlein barrel for...
                                Today, 12:54 PM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                Pighunter: Someone on here some years back made a big deal about being Jewish and not caring for Christian morality shoved in his face. I couldn't remember...
                                Today, 02:22 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to Another New Upper
                                by DakotaMan
                                I haven't tried the 6.5 Grendel PH. It is a pretty powerful close range cartridge for its size but it isn't fast enough with those heavier bullets to...
                                Today, 02:20 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X