Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good tips for catchin 5+ pound bass in creek beds or lakes in the river?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good tips for catchin 5+ pound bass in creek beds or lakes in the river?

Any good tips for catchin 5+ pound bass in creek beds or lakes in the river?

I always seem to catch the bigger bass when I slow down my presentation and fish deeper. Seem to do good around here when I am bouncing rubber worms, crawdads, and tube baits off the bottom.

Comment

cast into the shade during the spring and summer when it is hot the bass will be under piers or either hanging over limbs. during the summer when we go fishing even in ponds we will always get more bites by the pier.

Comment

Use frogs, toss them on shore and then drag them into the water. Then hang on!

Comment

5+lb bass in a creek bed?

Comment

Use big lures. :P I like worms the best when the water is warm.

Comment

10" worms are a good bait for larger bass

Jig/Trailer combo

Slow Rolled Swimbait, does not have to be the californai style swimbait, but something like a storm swimbait or strike king bait works well.

Comment

live shiners on a bobber seems to work just fine, also large craws work good too

Comment

bass love crawfish

Comment

when fishing a river or creek for large bass i like to thrown plastic frogs under over hanging willows and if thats not working depending on the time of day i like to throw a 7" bass assassin also in the same areas

Comment

Agreed with wallofsam answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad