No announcement yet.

what kind of baits work during spring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind of baits work during spring?

what kind of baits work during spring?

A lot more info would be nice. Since you posted under bass fishing I am guess you mean bass bait, Live bait, or lure? Early or late spring? For live bait early or late spring I like shiners. For lures early spring, plastic worms or jigs. Late spring, spinner baits.

Comment

For early spring you want to use blue artificial craw dads on a texas rig...when craw dads are coming out of winter they are bluish and towards the summer they begin to get their Orange/brown coloration.....I have always had good luck with a pre rigged three hooked worm that has a leader built in the ones I like are called kelly stripers and the purple ones with the pink tail work the best for me

Comment

throughout the spring, you can pretty much use every bait you have. Early spring, use slower moving stuff. Midspring/spawn, flippin baits to beds. Late spring, basically anything especially topwaters.

Comment

spinnerbaits, crankbaits, or artificials work good

Comment

depends on the weather and water conditions. cloudy weather try top water. in sunny try worms and spinnerbaits.

Comment

I like to use crankbaits

Comment

Here in Kansas they r hittin Texas rigged worms and minnow imitations hard.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad