Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i went fishing today and every largemouth i caught had black spots all over his body, why are the black spots coming up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i went fishing today and every largemouth i caught had black spots all over his body, why are the black spots coming up.

i went fishing today and every largemouth i caught had black spots all over his body, why are the black spots coming up.

They are some type of worm. They aren't harmful. The DNR biologist, that I ask about this to said, they require being eaten by fish and pooped out by birds in order to complete thier life cycle. Normal cooking kills them. We have them in our Bluegill and Crappie up here in MI.

Comment

Have not seen them in the bass that I have caught but Wallofsam sounds like he knows what he is talking about.

Comment

there is black specks on the perch in my 11 acre lake. they are the only fish that i noticed having them, they dont look like worms though. they look like bits of ground pepper?

Comment

Agreed with wallofsam answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad