Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

during spawn, whats your favorite lure or rig to use...when the bass drop to beds i like to get a clackin rap in there and get t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Poppa
    replied
    Hey Beekeeper, I had that issue of F&S too.
    I always had a bottle of Alka Seltzer in my tackle box, and my buddy thought I got an upset stomach everytime I went fishin'!

I also like the pumpkin colored mud dog lizard, or I place a small weight in front of a Rebel Popper.

Leave a comment:

• 007Dom
    replied
    Red wigglers, Bluegill LOVE them.

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    Usually I just bounce a lizard, worm, wacky worm, or tube jug around the nest, but if that is somehow not working, I have a trick.

Get the deepest diving, biggest lipped crankbait you have, and swim it over the nest. Since they spawn in the shallows and you have a deep diver on, it will dig and drag the bottom. This thing flying in and shoveling through their nest kicking up dirt will usually get them really perturbed and force a pretty good strike.

Leave a comment:

• teufelhunden
    replied
    Texas rigged worm or lizard. I love to sight cast them.

Leave a comment:

• rabbitpolice88
    replied
    I like to use the long "A" bomber,the Rebel popper, a super fluke or a weighted lizard.

Leave a comment:

• codymeyer11
    replied
    i like slow presentation because i find that hey're not bothered by fast moving lures...nd i hang like a soft plastic worm in front of them until they bite

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Here is a trick that was in Field & Stream when I was a kid. It really works. Get a plastic lizard or large plastic worm. I like the lizards beter. Get a box of Alka Seltzer tablets and bore a hole through the center of each with a 1/16 inch drill bit. Rig your lizard texas style with one addition, thread on the Alka Seltzer tablet under the weight before tying on then peg the sinker up tight.

To fish this rig simply pitch it into the bed. Mamma thinks that the slimy little lizard is digging into the bed when the fizzing starts. She will immediately pick up the plastic intruder and carry it out of the bed. Sometimes she will only spit it out of the bed so you have to be quick on the trigger.

After taking advantage of her this way please be a gentleman and release her after a quick photo!

Leave a comment:

• Scottdamott
    replied
    A rubber lizard, I don't care what brand (berkley, yum, bass assassin, ect. ect.) it is extremely effective.Just lob it on out there and scoot that little S.O.B along the bottom, and big momma will attack. Works good both unwieghted or wieghted.If you can spot the beds cast it beyond it and drag it right in front of her face, sometimes though just droppng it right in on thier head works too.
    I would check to see what the local lizards look like, but a good go to for me has been a pumpkin seed green or brown.

Leave a comment:

• during spawn, whats your favorite lure or rig to use...when the bass drop to beds i like to get a clackin rap in there and get t

during spawn, whats your favorite lure or rig to use...when the bass drop to beds i like to get a clackin rap in there and get them annoyed and almost force them to bite

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad