Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i live near chatfield reservoir in colorado.the trout in the river are way too finicky.what should i use?p.s worms and powerbait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i live near chatfield reservoir in colorado.the trout in the river are way too finicky.what should i use?p.s worms and powerbait

i live near chatfield reservoir in colorado.the trout in the river are way too finicky.what should i use?p.s worms and powerbait are not working

Wow. If worms are not working, those trout must be really finicky. Try a smaller hook size and/or a lighter line.

Comment

Meal worms on tiny hooks maybe. It works back east here sometimes

Comment

What type of worm did you use nightcrawlers work great and sometimes flashy artificials.

Comment

I would down size everything, worm, hook, line and try to make the presentation as natural as possible.

Comment

If worms don't work try and find out what they are naturally feeding on at that time.

Comment

light flourocarbon, and a smaller hook with the worm...also approach to there position downstream so they are less likely to see you

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad