Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am looking for a good casting reel that can handle saltwater and freshwater and can handle a good amount of line. I will also

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking for a good casting reel that can handle saltwater and freshwater and can handle a good amount of line. I will also

I am looking for a good casting reel that can handle saltwater and freshwater and can handle a good amount of line. I will also use it for freshwater bass

I'd look into the Abu Garcia Record Reel. Tough enough for the salt for sure, but not too large to be comfortable on the bass pond. If you're using 10- to 15-pound braided line, you'll get plenty on that reel.

Comment

Same as above. I don't do a lot of salt fishing here in Utah, but a fishing buddy is always jetting to exotic fishing destinations. His go- to reel is and Abu Garcia Record every time.

Comment

Get an Abu Garcia 6600, i use them for bass and muskie, and im shure they will work for any saltwater fish.

Comment

Get an Abu Garcia 6600, i use them for bass and muskie, and im shure they will work for any saltwater fish.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I have to agree on the other posts go with the abu-garcia and you wont be disappointed

Comment

http://www.abugarcia.com/Reels/AbuGarcia-Reels,default,sc.html

Comment

Comment

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad