Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have any real chance of catching bass in a 4' to 15' small lake? Its very weedy and muddy on the bottom but there is a huge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have any real chance of catching bass in a 4' to 15' small lake? Its very weedy and muddy on the bottom but there is a huge

Do I have any real chance of catching bass in a 4' to 15' small lake? Its very weedy and muddy on the bottom but there is a huge strip of hydrilla in the middle. How should I fish it and with what? I do have a boat.

Out of the way Stock Ponds are the best kept secret!

Comment

i've caught bass in 6 inches of water. weedy ponds are great for bass because they like to ambush their prey.

Comment

4'-15' deep? Yes you can use a heavy jig.

Comment

For sure. Weeds are great and no matter the depth there will probably be bass there. I have caught bass down to 55 feet and in less than a foot.
          I would drop a jig or t-rigged soft plastic in the weeds and fish a frog over the top and a topwater anywhere there are no weeds on top. And a spinnerbait ripped though some weeds that don't get all the way to the top.

Comment

One of the lakes where I fish is FULL of hydrilla and I have caught bass, catfish (the biggest catfish I ever caught), bluegill and shad by casting flies over, through and along the edge of the hydrilla. The water is the same depth you describe.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad