Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever caught a fish on something completely out of the ordinary? like say tin foil on a bent wire. hand lined for bass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever caught a fish on something completely out of the ordinary? like say tin foil on a bent wire. hand lined for bass?

Have you ever caught a fish on something completely out of the ordinary? like say tin foil on a bent wire. hand lined for bass?

gills on bare hooks, rasins, even 3 inch roach fishing for pike.

Comment

A really old catfish that had blue gills, lips and the tips of its fins were all blue. This was caught on the Seneca River in NY.

Comment

When I was in the Australian Outback (not the steakhouse) Caught a black perch of some kind that weighed about 1 1/4 lb on a bent pin and piece of string. The bait was Army C-ration cheese. Cooked over a small fire it was excellent.

Comment

weirdest thing i used for bait was shell mac and cheese.

Comment

sunfish on a 4" lazy ike

Comment

We used to use Wheaties to catch channel cat out of the Arkansas River (that's the Ar 'Kansas River as it runs through Wichita).

Comment

My kid was wading in a local pond while I was nearby flyfishing. He chased a 22 inch rainbow into the weeds and wrestled it out onto the bank barehanded. Actually lost it once when it flopped back into the weeds but he managed to catch it again. With all the initial commotion in the weeds I first thought the kid had encountered a snake and almost had a stroke before I saw the trout go flying through the air.

Comment

Years ago I watched a guy "chum" the water in the Tennessee-Tombigbee waterway with Old Roy dogfood. Huge catfish heads emerged from the depths to dine while the local Canadian geese were pecking the fish and trying to eat at the same time. Sure churned the water for about 5 minutes.

Comment

Caught a 5 lb. Striper off a snag of tangled line. Handlined it in. Let'm go, probably saved his life.

Comment

Lady bugs work pretty good for sunfish

Comment

ran out of bait one time and used those yellow juicy fruit gum wrappers to slay the brookies...worked pretty well, even though they werent the most sophisticated fish...

Comment

I once had a fish bite on my hook when it wasn't even baited. It was a fish about the size of my hand but a fish none-the-less. I was presently suprised and although I have tried the same experiment many times, that little method only worked for me one time when I wasn't even trying.

Comment

one time i got some twine and some bab wire and almost caught a bass

Comment

Bass on a Homer Simpson lure. Maybe that's not unusual, though.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Another New Upper
                                by jhjimbo
                                What kind of powder was your friend using and didn't he ever clean it ?...
                                Today, 01:16 PM
                              • Another New Upper
                                by DakotaMan
                                Milldawg inspired me so I finished my new 6mm AR upper as a Covid time killer project. I had made a 6mm Creedmoor with an 8 twist Bartlein barrel for...
                                Today, 12:54 PM
                              • Reply to Another New Upper
                                by FirstBubba
                                Smooth lookin' AR D'Man!
                                Let us know how it shoots. 😃!
                                Today, 01:12 PM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                I have the mad canadian blocked, all I know is he should get an apt. with a Psychiatrist.
                                He should get a life, shooting geese and pheasant do not...
                                Today, 01:11 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                Yesterday, 09:20 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X