Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best color of worm to use in a Carolina/ Texas rig? I do most of my fishing at Truman Lake/ Lake of the Ozarks in Mi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with alabamahunter answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• snowninja
    replied
    Thanks guys-general census says dark colors. That's what I'll go with.

Leave a comment:

• abmcp13
    replied
    I like using dark purple, green, or red

Leave a comment:

• DanInArkinsaw
    replied
    In my experience, color matters more to the fisherman than the fish (to an extent). Everyone has a preferred color and that color generates confidence and belief in your presentation. When you believe in what you are doing and the lure you are using, you will be more diligent and patient working the lure and covering water. For the record, my favorite is basic purple.

Leave a comment:

• TheEasternShoreHunter
    replied
    i don't know how murky your lake is but i love green pumpkin.

Leave a comment:

• kyle7735
    replied
    everybody has there own idea

i would use like junebug watermellon red flake or tequila sunrise

but definintly dark

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    I'm not an expert but around here most go with red, and as insurance use some beads or something that makes a 'clacking' sound. I just usually use a worm with a flat tail that wiggles and makes a vibration.

Leave a comment:

• alabamahunter
    replied
    You could ask ten different pros and get ten different answers. Most of it is based on personal experience and the fish in every body of water are different. However, since you do say that the water is generally murky, your best bet would be a darker color: Junebug, black, Tequila Sunrise, and so on. If those fail to produce try something different that the fish may not be used to, say maybe pink or yellow.

Leave a comment:

• urban moore
    replied
    dark red

Leave a comment:

• What is the best color of worm to use in a Carolina/ Texas rig? I do most of my fishing at Truman Lake/ Lake of the Ozarks in Mi

What is the best color of worm to use in a Carolina/ Texas rig? I do most of my fishing at Truman Lake/ Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri and the water is almost always murky.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad