Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys what jig should I use for little bass in a shallow lake with lots of weeds? The bottom is muddy. I need the weight, col

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys what jig should I use for little bass in a shallow lake with lots of weeds? The bottom is muddy. I need the weight, col

Hey guys what jig should I use for little bass in a shallow lake with lots of weeds? The bottom is muddy. I need the weight, color, and trailer.

try a football jig with a craw trailer. about a quarter to a half ounce and the color will depend on the color of the water and light conditions. if the water is muddy, go with black, etc...

Comment

little bass i'd go with an 1/8 ounce ball jig head with a little twister, black is a consistent producer not to mention one of the best "viewable" colors also have a white twister another high visablility, and if they are looking but not hitting, try tipping it with a meal worm, or you can just use the 1/8 ounce ball jig with a small shiner

Comment

depending on how shallow you can use a 1/16 or maybe even 1/32 the longer the fall the better it generally works

Comment

I would stay away from the football head because of all the weeds. Try a strike king bitsy bug in black blue, with any type of craw imitator matching the color. Also try green pumpkin with similar color trailor.

Comment

Yeah, not a football jig, they come through weeds terribly. I throw the Booyah Boo Jig a lot, it comes though weeds nicely. I would use a 1/4 ounce and some sort of craw as a trailer. I like the Craw Papi by Yum.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to TGIF; Armageddon
              by FirstBubba
              LOL! I has lots of things running through my mind! WHAT the ambulance driver, or the EMT looked like WAS NOT at the top of the list! 😩
              Blood,...
              Today, 05:43 PM
            • TGIF; Armageddon
              by fitch270
              Not sure how this week will play out, the idea just came to mind.

Nickelback

“If Today Was Your Last Day”

Yesterday, 07:11 AM
            • Reply to Just Right
              by 99explorer
              We don't know.
              I don't think anybody has shot one yet.
              Today, 05:38 PM
            • Just Right
              by jhjimbo
              Has anyone tried the new .31 cal, 30Super Carry. just what the name implies the quintessential between the .30 and the infamous 9mmLuger. Two years...
              06-28-2022, 04:59 PM
            • Reply to TGIF; Armageddon
              by fitch270
              Once while in our local volunteer FD I was riding shotgun in our assistant Fire Chief’s personal truck when we were hit head on. The other car’s engine...
              Today, 05:35 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X