Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you guys put scent on your bass baits??? Also, if you could give the "flavor" that would be decent aswell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you guys put scent on your bass baits??? Also, if you could give the "flavor" that would be decent aswell.

How many of you guys put scent on your bass baits??? Also, if you could give the "flavor" that would be decent aswell.

Some bait shop guy sold me on "garlic crawdad". It smells awful.

Comment

I don't use it. It may help if its a slow bite though. Then, I would try and match the forage you are imitating.

Comment

When we are fishing a loaded area but nothing seems to bight we take a bottle of crawfish scent and spray a bit it in the water. The main thing about the scent is the aggression pheromones that make them strike. Sometimes that will get the bite started. As far as scents go I have used yum scents and alot of other brands but B.A.N.G. Crawfish formula is the best by far.And it doesn't smell to bad.

Comment

I personally don't use any but it competely up to you

Comment

I only use scent when the fish aren't hardly biting at all, and when i do if it is a minnow immitation i use minnow flavoured "Gulp" scent, if it is a fake worm i use worm scented and the same for Crawfish. I have tried it when the fish are biting awesome and it seems to turn them away a little bit. Hope this helps!

Comment

I have used scent several times. I have never caught a single fish while using it. I'd say pick a good bait or lure and stick with that.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad