No announcement yet.

what is best line for largemouth bass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is best line for largemouth bass?

what is best line for largemouth bass?

"Is that a sinker in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" works well on bass.

Comment

That's subjective, but not the stuff the pros use. None of that muskie line for little bass. That's over the top.

Comment

It all depends on what type of cover you fish and water clarity. If the water is clear as gin with light weeds they I would use a 15-20lb fluorocarbon. If you are fishing in stained water with a lot of stumps and heavy weeds you might look at a good braid in the 45-65lb range. It is most inportant though to make sure your line is suited for the water clarity.

Comment

Look out for them 45 pound bass. I was scared when I caught one of them 20 pounders, even.

Comment

I use 6 to 10 pound Spider Wire. I think that 45-65lb might be just alittle bit over over kill for bass.

Comment

I have fished in areas where you need the heavy braid to pull bass out of sticks and limbs when they wrap you up in the sunken timber. If you fish with even 25lb line all you will accomplish is landing a few fish and breaking off many. Believe it or not Shane, they make the heavy line for a reason.

Comment

I use 8 pound trilene.

Comment

I fish in swamps with 10lb test. Just have to be a little careful. No horsin' 'em.

Comment

i use 12 pound test

Comment

Agreed with streack answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad