Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best baitcast reel for a 6'8" MEDIUM extra fast trigger rod that wont backlash and that cost less than $200? Also t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best baitcast reel for a 6'8" MEDIUM extra fast trigger rod that wont backlash and that cost less than $200? Also t

What is the best baitcast reel for a 6'8" MEDIUM extra fast trigger rod that wont backlash and that cost less than $200? Also they have to sell it at bass pro.

You keep asking this same basic question. Do you already have a rod and reel? Do you plan on buying one? Can you already use a baitcast reel? You seem to be interested in high end equipment but then you set price restrictions. I have one basic statement that is just personal from me. I have cast plenty of baitcast reels in my lifetime. I have designed reels and built them by hand. I have even cast a reel with an experimental computerized cast control that was to be backlash proof. After all my personal experience and experimenting and testing, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BACKLASH PROOF REEL.....yet. I always recommend the US Reel SuperCasters for baitcast reels based on the levelwind system. Once I found them I was able to do baitcasting where before I was having to use a spinning reel. This is just personal with me. I knew the Shimano brothers and helped design the first baitcast reel they made. You can trust me when I say that I can do casting with the SuperCaster that I cannot do with other reels. I can use just about any reel I want. I own, counting my deep sea collection, spincast collection, spinning collecton, and bait cast collection, well over three hundred reels. And now I fish with do do casting demos with the SuperCasters. SuperCasters are listed at the Bass Pro web site.

What I do suggest you do is go to wally world and actually buy a Pinnacle platinum reel and a ugly stick with some sufix mono and get out in your yard and learn to cast good enough that you will not need a backlash proof reel. And the fast action rod you ask about will be four times harder to learn to cast with than a very soft limber rod.

Comment

Well put Santa!

Basskiller....I like my Abu Garcia Revo S & SX reels. They fit my hands real nice. Approx. $120-$175

Comment

I would get a Bass Pro Extreme Baitcaster. It is a great reel for the money.

Comment

Curado E7, the 200 size. I have 3, all are great. But they will backlash, backlash is mostly skill based as Santa says.

Comment

I'd be partial to the Carado, but won't backlash? That all depends on the mental connection you have to the thumb on the reel.

Comment

I AGREE WITH SANTA "THERE IS NO BACKLASH PROOF REAL!!!" HAVING BASS FISHED FOR OVER 35YEARS AND ALOT OF TOURNEYS FOR LESS THAN $200 GO GET AN ABU GARCIA 4600C FOR $89.00. BUT THEY KEY TO CASTING A BAIT CASTER IS ADJUSTING IT TO THE WEIGHT OF THE BAIT YOU ARE THROWING USING THE SPOLL BRAKE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE REAL (IT IS THE SMALLEST KNOB)TIE ON THE BAIT TIGHTEN THE SPOLL LOCK THEN PUSH THE BOTTON SLOWLY TURN THE KNOB UNTIL THE BAIT STARTS TO MOVE A BIT THEN THATS IT. ALSO ADJUST THE DRAG TO WERE YOU CAN PULL THE LINE OUT AT THE REAL WITH MODERATE RESISTANCE, THAT IS THE BEST YOU WILL GET WITH ANY BAITCASTER. HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD FISHING.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad