Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saw the craziest think today while fishing. An eagle hunting above the lake came cruiseing down head long right into the water a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw the craziest think today while fishing. An eagle hunting above the lake came cruiseing down head long right into the water a

Saw the craziest think today while fishing. An eagle hunting above the lake came cruiseing down head long right into the water and grabbed a hold of what i can guess to be a large fish and began to do a form of swimming flapping its wings with its body in the water to shore. Im not for sure on what the bird had what ever it was decent sized. Anyone else seen an eagle fully submerge to grab fish?

Not an Eagle but lots of Osprey do it back home.

Comment

Same here, never seen an eagle catch fish but have watched many a osprey dive.

Comment

Ah sees 'em hit the water pretty hard here occasionally, but not like thet!

I'm out wit' me dawgz soon after Sunrise every day, and it's usually a pretty good show.

Comment

I have seen a osprey dive and go completley under and come back up with a fish!

Comment

Saw plenty of them in AK, never went underwater but the they did hook em pretty god when they were close to the surface.

Comment

I once saw a hawk dive under water to catch a fish, and come up flying with it across a road I was driving on at the time.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad