Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok I got this new Pfluger Templar reel right? And I'm looking for the magnetic control on the left side, none. Anyway I tie one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I got this new Pfluger Templar reel right? And I'm looking for the magnetic control on the left side, none. Anyway I tie one

Ok I got this new Pfluger Templar reel right? And I'm looking for the magnetic control on the left side, none. Anyway I tie one on and cast, no backlash, loosen brake, no backlash. Turn brake COMPLETLY OFF no backlash! Is there such a thing as a NO Backlash baitcaster??? I've never heard of such a thing! Have any of you guys heard of something like that? (59 bucks Wally World)

I'll have to check them out. I was throwing muskie lures today with a baitcaster and fought backlash all afternoon.

Comment

Never heard of a baitcaster that would not backlash.

Comment

You may be pflugers best salesman... I may have to look into it what kind of line are you using.

Comment

I will check them out asap. There is never going to be a totally backlash proof baitcaster in my opinion, but there may be one that comes close. I have several now that are almost there.

Comment

that new shakespeare that jc seen at icast is backlashless

Comment

Sir! Need to change your name to Maj. Brad.

Comment

Are you cheating with an "Educated" thumb? That's what I prefer.

Comment

what line are you using? A cheap shakespeare that I have is really easy to cast and I barely ever get backlash. it has 12lb berkley vanish on it

Comment

wow this sounds like my kind of baitcaster, how much is it?

Comment

I've never seen one of the magnetic types that was completely free of backlash. But they sure seem to help. If you adjust the spool drag to the lure you are casting the magnets can really help.

Comment

shakespeare makes one, not sure how well it works.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Hey Folks
                          by jhjimbo
                          Why does Bubba constantly corrupt a post by inserting an irrelevant post that changes the thread. He does that all the time.
                          We were talking about...
                          Today, 02:32 AM
                        • Hey Folks
                          by jhjimbo
                          Good Monday Morning

Hey folks, just a reminder, 99.9999% of law abiding gun owners did not shoot anybody this past weekend.
                          Yesterday, 11:12 AM
                        • Reply to Hey Folks
                          by jhjimbo
                          People don't buy a mower without an engine, just like at the flea market tools without a power cord or battery don't sell too well....
                          Today, 02:27 AM
                        • Reply to Hey Folks
                          by 99explorer
                          I have found that a riding mower takes less of a toll on crippled people, but you get more exercise with a pushing style reel mower.
                          Just an ob...
                          Yesterday, 10:58 PM
                        • Reply to Hey Folks
                          by franchi20
                          As other posted, the biter lives. It won't be forgotten that the dog's wrong doing was covered up as was the owner's....
                          Yesterday, 10:55 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X