Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best reel to pair with the new nrx bass rod by g.loomis that cost less than the rod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vtbasser
    replied
    I forgot how expensive the NRX rods are. If you want to just get below the price line then slap a Shimano Core on it!
    http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/products/reels/low_profile_baitcasting/core.html

Leave a comment:

• vtbasser
    replied
    Shimano Curado 200 E7 would be my choice. Or maybe wait until fall and get the Curado E50 which is a bit smaller and lighter.

Leave a comment:

• Ethan3
    replied
    I agree with Cgull.

Also, you must spend a ton of money on fishing. I thought I spend a lot, but I always see that all your questions are what reel should I pair with my top of the line rod? and stuff like that. I wish I could buy that good of stuff haha

Leave a comment:

• santa
    replied
    Good call Cgull. Actually the 800 series US reel is quite good and not near as expensive as the US Reel 1000 Pro series which I use in my casting classes. They cast better than the Revo or the Shimano. The 700 series US Reel is what I have actually settled on for my personal fishing reels simply because they are the cheapest in the line. I am able to buy more of them and rig for my type of fishing. My Revos sit in my wall rack as part of my collection, just under the Shimano Calcutta. I love all my reels, and I like to show off my collection. But I like to fish best with the US Reel baitcasters because of their casting qualities.

Leave a comment:

• Cgull
    replied
    A US reel, Abu Garcia Revo or a Shimano Curado would be my choices.

Leave a comment:

• What is the best reel to pair with the new nrx bass rod by g.loomis that cost less than the rod?

What is the best reel to pair with the new nrx bass rod by g.loomis that cost less than the rod?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad