Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have been doing a lot of fishing this summer in a pond by my house and there is lots of small bass and bluegill but when I use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been doing a lot of fishing this summer in a pond by my house and there is lots of small bass and bluegill but when I use

I have been doing a lot of fishing this summer in a pond by my house and there is lots of small bass and bluegill but when I use my gulp nightcrawlers and powerbait power worms they just bite the end of the worm can someone help?

get that there worm on ther good. it don't have to look good if thay can smell it. if you have to, i suggest using a treble hook with the wor on ll three points.

Comment

Thread the worm up the hook. There is almost no way the fish can steal the bait.

Comment

The problem is that I get it on good with the one hook in the front but the fish just bite the tail

Comment

get the tail on there good, or mabe use a smaller hook and less worm. then they have to bite the hook it ight be just too much hook

Comment

Ok thanks cowboy

Comment

It also depends if you're using a full worm. I always cut the worm in half. The fish attack it the same as if it were a whole one.

Comment

Ok does cutting the worm in half affect the way it moves?

Comment

yes, but it's part of experimenting. it can't be worse than now, right?

Comment

Ya your right cowboy I may try that

Comment

you could always make a double hook rig, or buy one cheap. Also try hooking it wacky style

Comment

Sometimes it dosen't move at all, but they still attack it. It must be the smell. Plus you can pop it or twitch it to make movment.

Comment

good luck and happy fishing turkeymaster.

Comment

Just went today and caught 11 fish using bass stopper pre rigged worms and gulp nightcrawlers. The biggest bass was a 22" 5 1/2 lbs. Should be some good eatin. Thanks guys

Comment

You can use the whole ones if you use a stinger hook. Take a needle string it with fishing line, run it in just in front of tail through the worm , come out in front of last hook & tie it to that hook.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad