Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey i found a rod in my garage but i dont know wether its a spincast or a bait caster its not a spinning i tryed my spinning rre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey i found a rod in my garage but i dont know wether its a spincast or a bait caster its not a spinning i tryed my spinning rre

hey i found a rod in my garage but i dont know wether its a spincast or a bait caster its not a spinning i tryed my spinning rreel on it. and it doesnt work good and it also has a spur type thing where you put your finger. im not sure if baitcasting rods have that but the handle is made of cork and above the thing where you tighten your reel in is cork. and i dont know how to tell if its bait casting or spincasting. im going to put a bait casting reel on anyways until i get more money for a better one

could be a push button spin cast rod or spin cast if the spur is on the same side and is in front of where you mount the reel. If its for a bait caster rod the spur will be on the opposite side of the eyeholes and set behind the reel. they both should work just the weights of the reel and pole may not match up causing more backlash and reduce play in the lures.

Comment

yes the spur is on the oppisite side of the eyeholes and ive never seen a crok spincast rod

Comment

If I understand your description, it's definitely a baitcasting rod and the catalogs are full of them. Check out Bass Pro or Cabela's and see if you find something similar.

Comment

If you have an off set rod handle, you have a baitcast style rod. You can also put a spincast reel on it. Some of the cheeper spincast rod handles will hit the nut under the levelwind of a baitcast reel so check to make sure the levelwind goes back and forth without binding.

Comment

If the eyeholes are all small and the there's a trigger it is a baitcast for sure. If the eyeholes start out larger and get smaller as you go up the rod then its a spinning rod.

Comment

It's a baitcaster. The spur is for your finger under the rod.. Get a decent reel and you'll be ready to go!

Comment

its a baitcaster because of the spur. small eyeholes are also a sign

Comment

i agree with bassblaster1

Comment

themadtoruter is right. i dont think they make cork spincast rods.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Match Up
                      by Solitario Lupo
                      Can’t beat an ugly stick got some from my father still used it today and still in good shape. Ive had other Shakespeare rods but they aren’t as good...
                      Today, 07:02 PM
                    • Match Up
                      by jhjimbo
                      What rods, in the same price point, match up to the Ugly Stick ??
                      Yesterday, 11:23 PM
                    • Reply to Match Up
                      by MattM37
                      An Ugly Stik gave me a good laugh one time when I was a kid. We had this Hobby Fair event at school in the sixth grade, and my buddy Dave and I chose...
                      Today, 06:27 PM
                    • Reply to Camp knife.
                      by dewman
                      We all have our fetishes. Some guys own a dozen pairs of the highest quality(price) boots, others have tackle boxes loaded with an uncountable number...
                      Today, 05:56 PM
                    • Camp knife.
                      by Milldawg
                      I really enjoy reading david petzal articles on things other than rifles. His article on camp knifes peaked my interest. I like a good excuse for buying...
                      Today, 10:40 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X