Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tips on catching bass in a deep lake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips on catching bass in a deep lake?

Any tips on catching bass in a deep lake?

Fish deep! LOL I have no idea Im an ole country boy that fishes farm ponds and rivers or creeks. Ive always heard catching bass in a large body of water is a lot more difficult. I would try live bait to start with as that always works for me no matter what or where im fishing.

Comment

Try fishing off a point with a deep diving crankbait and carolina rigs in about 15 to 22 feet of water

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Yeah, I fish a huge lake, I have the best luck with deep diving crank baits and fishing rock piles and other structure, such as drop off's and creek channles, the best of luck to you.

Comment

fish around any structure changes bass like these areas because they can ambush prey here, and if you can find any weed beds bass are usually there

Comment

deep diving crankbaits! also live bait such as bloodworms would work good..

Comment

dont forget all the stuff that sinks!! everyone underestimates the jigs! you can also let a spinner bait sink for ten seconds and then reel it in a little slower than usual.

Comment

and minnows for live bait too

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad