Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was you proudest fishing moment?

What was you proudest fishing moment?

When I, at 5, cooly reeled in a monstrous brown trout (10-12 pounds) while my dad was in histerics.

Comment

When I landed my wife of now 37 years. I was lucky to hook her because I sure wasn't such good bait!!!

Comment

my best friend had tacken me to his family's private pond. We had been fishing there for almost three hours with not a single bite...nothing! Finally, it was time to go i started reeling in my black rubber worm and just two feet away from the bank a five pounder bass comes and knocks the heck out of it! not really a big fight cause he was so close but that was also my first "real" bass.
        unforgetable day.

Comment

A large Amberjack when I was 11.

Comment

Santa, I'm with you!

My second was my daughter (2 1/2yrs old at the time) catching her first fish and kissing it before throwing it back!

Comment

it was last year ice fishing and i havent been ice fishing for 3 years before that. so my flag didnt go off and i had a worm on so i was going to switch to a shiner and im pulling up my line and keep pulling it up and then when i get to my normal fishing line i relized i had one on (it wasnt fighting to good)and i pulled up a 18 inch salmon it probly would of won the derby but i didnt enter it

Comment

i mean for the kids salmon part of it

Comment

I had two. The first was when I landed a five pound carp in a bullhead creek at about the age of five. I had a great fight and was exhausted when I finally landed it. It looked like a monster to me compared to the small bullheads I usually caught and what a fight! The second was catching a beautiful big bass. I had fished for big bass most of my life and finally got a 13 or 14 pounder in my hand. What a monster mouth he had and I was so thankful to get the chance to experience landing a monster.

Comment

when my brother who didnt want to go fishing out-fished me

Comment

Catching my first keeper 4lb. red on 8lb. tackle. It fought five times harder than the bass on my profile picture.

Comment

When I landed a twenty two inch rainbow on a fly rod rigged with a size 24 midge fly

Comment

in 08 i caught a 40 pound king salmon that took me a hour and a half to reel in. on 6 lb test maxima. i had to run up and down a mile long sandbar. but it was worth it
                          good luck fishin
                          fishin kid

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad