Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does everyone get their night crawlers for fishing? I made a home made machine to extract them out of the ground.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with idahooutdoors answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• HunterGirl23
    replied
    I go out at about 10pm and dew in on the grass and i just pick em up...but I might use your shocking idea

Leave a comment:

• HunterGirl23
    replied
    I go out at about 10pm and dew in on the grass and i just pick em up...but I might use your shocking idea

Leave a comment:

• LIFishFinder
    replied
    I just raised a few then threw them in the compost pile. That way they're ripe for the picking.

Leave a comment:

• Sportsman21
    replied
    i wait till morning after a hard rain but u have to use them quick because they die easily, i would love to see a pic

Leave a comment:

• ishawooa
    replied
    My horse manure pile is full of great big crawlers. The digging is quick and easy. My kid once considered starting his own worm business from this source.

Leave a comment:

• TheEasternShoreHunter
    replied
    buy em

Leave a comment:

• TheEasternShoreHunter
    replied
    buy em

Leave a comment:

• bigbassfisher
    replied
    i go down the gas station or dig for them

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    Ok now that I see no one uses any contraptions here is what I do. Note to everyone this can be dangerous but has a big payoff. I take and old extension cord cut the female end off. Take two metal clothes hangers and straighten them out. Seperate the wires and attach the straight hangers to the wire. Tape off more than you need. Put the wires in the ground 12-15 inches apart about 5 inches deep. Turn on the power the worms will come up to the positive wire. Once the worms stop coming up just reverse the plug and then they will come up again. I used this a few times when I was going fishing last minute. Just as a side note the electricty is not enough to kill the worms because I harvest them and they are still moving a week later. Again use CAUTION you could get shocked.

Leave a comment:

• usmcturkey
    replied
    Ok now that I see no one uses any contraptions here is what I do. Note to everyone this can be dangerous but has a big payoff. I take and old extension cord cut the female end off. Take two metal clothes hangers and straighten them out. Seperate the wires and attach the straight hangers to the wire. Tape off more than you need. Put the wires in the ground 12-15 inches apart about 5 inches deep. Turn on the power the worms will come up to the positive wire. Once the worms stop coming up just reverse the plug and then they will come up again. I used this a few times when I was going fishing last minute. Just as a side note the electricty is not enough to kill the worms because I harvest them and they are still moving a week later. Again use CAUTION you could get shocked.

Leave a comment:

• VT Outdoorsman
    replied
    Turn over rocks/logs in an old apple orchard. Most of the worms are pretty small tho.

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    I agree I want to see the machine!! other than that I get them the old fashioned way, go to Wal-Mart.

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    I used to collect my own but know that I live in an appartment I am afraid to say that I actualy have to pay for them now.

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    The old fashioned way with a flashlight on a wet night. Though, I read about a method that scares them out of the ground by, supposedly, sounding like a mole/gopher. Pound a stake into the ground and rub another stick against it until it vibrates. Anyone know if this works?

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Toothy friends
    by Solitario Lupo
    Never gotten into pickerel. I have seen some nice ones over the years.

As for pike I’ll get them every once in awhile just floating minns....
    Today, 12:36 PM
  • Toothy friends
    by Solitario Lupo
    Just thought I’d share some pics.
    05-07-2021, 12:09 PM
  • Reply to Mike Lyndell's new site
    by jhjimbo
    You should watch his video - very well researched.

The original has been removed. Here is another that has some of the same content....
    Today, 11:37 AM
  • Mike Lyndell's new site
    by franchi20
    Mike Lyndell will make a formal announcement from the Corn Palace, 6:00CDT, launching FrankSpeech.com. Check dakotanewsnow.com/news/.
    Yesterday, 01:50 PM
  • Reply to Mike Lyndell's new site
    by jhjimbo
    If fraud is found in several States and confirmed by the Court system all the way to the Supreme Court they will have to reverse the Election results...
    Today, 11:26 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X