Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am wandering whats a good lure for large mouth bass for feb and the best all around color for that im trying to start bass fis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am wandering whats a good lure for large mouth bass for feb and the best all around color for that im trying to start bass fis

I am wandering whats a good lure for large mouth bass for feb and the best all around color for that im trying to start bass fishing a little earlier than i usualy do -jesse sc

Your gonna want a lure that is used for what is a called a search bait. It's a bait that you can cover a lot of area with in order to try and locate fish. A good bait to try is Rapala's X-Rap in a natural bait fish color. You can reel it down to any depth you want and it suspends there. It goes down about a foot for every second of reeling. Try a size #10 for a search bait and a size #8 as a follow up if you start getting hits.

Comment

TRY ORIGINAL RAPALA, THEY ARE GOOD ALL YEAR

Comment

I like to throw a Smithwick Rogue. The trick is getting it to perfectly suspend. I don't want the bait to float or sink. I put lead stickers on them to acheive neautral bouyancy. The X-rap is alright, but the eyes come out and I've had several break on fish. Use a color to match the baitfish on your lake. Can't go wrong with black and silver it seems.

Comment

YOur probobly not gonna believe this but every Febuary I CATCH TONS OF BASS on inline spinners. Panther Martins in color #21 ( gold blade with orange trailer)

Comment

I would use a Gary Yamamoto Senko worm without a weight. I like darker colors with black being my favorite. With out a weight these worms will fall very slowly and have somewhat of a wiggle to them. I started fishing them about 5 years ago and i have yet to find anything that fishes like they do. Downsides are that they are expensive and they tear easily.

Comment

I agree with woodduck. Senkos are great. You can fish them really slow when the water is cold. I believe its called "dead sticking". Throw them out, let them sink, and wait. Then do it over again.

Comment

Senko baits are great this time of year, I also am a big fan of chrome rattletraps. I have had great success this time of year with these baits

Comment

Try jigging the cover around you if there is any...

Comment

In Michigan we occasionally catch them through the ice, with suckers.

Comment

Senkos bait is the best!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
                        by crm3006
                        Wow: Lindsey Graham Refuses to Issue Big Tech Subpoenas

Un-be-lievable.

Lindsey Graham swore up and down that he would
                        Today, 05:22 PM
                      • Reply to Rest Easy
                        by FirstBubba
                        "... I took your advice and blocked the slimy nine and the red rodent, ..."

Welcome! It's pretty sad to rant and rave on a blog...
                        Today, 04:39 PM
                      • Rest Easy
                        by jhjimbo
                        Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                        Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                      • Reply to Rest Easy
                        by 99explorer
                        Even if the Democrats take the White House and the Senate, it will still take 60 Senate votes to kill the filibuster, because of the filibuster!
                        Today, 03:02 PM
                      • Reply to Rest Easy
                        by jhjimbo
                        They know IF Trump wins and holds the Senate and picks up some down ticket it will mean the end of the Dem party for at least ten years if not more....
                        Today, 02:39 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X