Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am new at this fishing stuff. I bought an Ugly Stick ok.. What is the small eye near the handle for. Do I string my line thro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
    Click image for larger version Name:	D11B92AE-BF9F-4881-A739-D9B29AB1215C.png Views:	0 Size:	356.1 KB ID:	738183Click image for larger version Name:	CE57E7E9-7D27-426D-92D1-0C4AECAD94F5.png Views:	0 Size:	258.9 KB ID:	738182Click image for larger version Name:	7FB853F5-663C-4FCA-9DE3-40A31A929CD0.png Views:	0 Size:	45.0 KB ID:	738181

Richard must have looked closer the first time, when I went back and zoomed in I saw what the OP was referring too. The rod is extended fully, I’m still thinking it’s some type of support or protection for the tip.

Edit: Or possibly a gimmick?
    Strange that the flexed rod image shows the last eyelet in another position lower down the rod and the tip with no eyelet next to it. I think this is probably a case of some Chinese guys who know nothing about fishing designing a fishing rod. Or is that eyelet designed to be movable? Kinda looks like it's stuck on there with some kind of collar. Ah ... maybe the collar is to keep the rod tip from getting jammed into the ferrule when the rod is collapsed. I bet that's it. But why would they put an eyelet on it? That doesn't make sense, especially considering that the eyelet is smaller than the tip eye. A lot smaller. Bound to cause unnecessary friction when casting. I can't see that this eyelet serves any purpose at all except to hinder performance. I would cut it off but leave the collar intact.
    Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 07-08-2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

Strange that the flexed rod image shows the last eyelet in another position lower down the rod and the tip with no eyelet next to it. I think this is probably a case of some Chinese guys who know nothing about fishing designing a fishing rod. Or is that eyelet designed to be movable? Kinda looks like it's stuck on there with some kind of collar. Ah ... maybe the collar is to keep the rod tip from getting jammed into the ferrule when the rod is collapsed. I bet that's it. But why would they put an eyelet on it? That doesn't make sense, especially considering that the eyelet is smaller than the tip eye. A lot smaller. Bound to cause unnecessary friction when casting. I can't see that this eyelet serves any purpose at all except to hinder performance. I would cut it off but leave the collar intact.
      The flexed rod image is what through me off as well. I also think the collar is to keep the tip from jamming when collapsed, I just didn't explain it very well. Good idea on cutting the extra eyelet off, just making sure there's nothing jagged left to cut the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
        Hey fitch what’s the make and model of that rod.
        Got those pics off the link I posted earlier from Walle2525's reply previously, thread post #22

Here's the Amazon link again:

https://www.amazon.com/REAWOW-Telesc.../dp/B07XBPR3C9

Comment

Just weird that I never saw an extra eye like that.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad