Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used Zebco's new reel and/or rods with that bite alert system on them? If so how are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used Zebco's new reel and/or rods with that bite alert system on them? If so how are they?

Has anyone used Zebco's new reel and/or rods with that bite alert system on them? If so how are they?

They are petty good, but unless you are fishing for really light biting fish, you don't need the alarm as much, just get a cat rod with a soft tip, you can see the bites better, and if you want to see the tip really well, add a couple turns of reflective tape.

Comment

ther pritty good if u are fishing multiple rods at night the back of the reel lites up and that helps alot

Comment

I have used one on a catfishing trip, my nephew really liked it because it lights up. I prefer an old fashioned bait clicker reel, but the quality is pretty good and the drag system seems to be worth the cost.

Comment

THey seem to be a gimmick to me. I prefer to wrap a bit of line around my finger to detect light bites.

Comment

These things should come with a warning!"Object is liable to make others laugh at you"!

Comment

It helps when fishing with more than one rod. You can't keep your eyes on all the rods at the same time so it helps know when what fish is biting which line on top of your buddy saying "Fish ON!" as you try to figure out on which rod.

Comment

Also, there is one downside. If you have baitfish which are "pecking"/biting your bait, that alarm system is going to drive you crazy.... trust me.

Comment

It works pretty good with me!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad