Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many rods do you bring with you when fishing? Why? I use one and just constantly change lures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flytieflyfish
    replied
    My preference is fly fishing but sometimes it is so windy that I can't cast a fly line. That's when I usually switch to conventional gear.

Leave a comment:

• Flytieflyfish
    replied
    2. I always take a fly rod and either a spinning or casting rod.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I bring 2 for sure!!!

Leave a comment:

• huntingkid95
    replied
    It depends on what I am fishing from. If I am fishing form a boat (rowboat supplied by a rented cottage) I bring just 1. But if I am fishing from a pier I bring 3-4 and set them up in different locations with different baits. My brother or freind (whoever is with me) and myself with check on each one. I usually but a worm or some live bait, cast out, and let it sit, on 1 or 2. The others we hold or use crankbaits with. We put bells on some of them to notify us when there is one on the hook.

Leave a comment:

• JayAquino
    replied
    I have been successful with just one. The trick is snap-swivels. That way you can change lures/hooks without having to cut line. Small profile ones usually work best, if there too big a fish can see 'em but a small one will only add to action.

Leave a comment:

• LIFishFinder
    replied
    Freshwater I usually bring four or five just to have them and saltwater I could bring up to ten or twelve rods, you never know which rod is going to be the lucky one of the day.

Leave a comment:

• kdog70
    replied
    Man, I tournament Bass fish and I have any where from 10-15 rigged rods in my boat ready to fish anytime I am on the water.

Leave a comment:

• DanInArkinsaw
    replied
    I usually take 3 or 4. The reason? Because I don't have 5 or 6. Good thing I don't. My buddy and I fish out of a small boat. I prefer to keep each one rigged with different things so I can quickly throw a second option to a missed fish. You might be surprised at how many times that works.

Leave a comment:

• buck hunter 17
    replied
    five for winter and two for summer

Leave a comment:

• ETangler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• VT Outdoorsman
    replied
    Depends, but at least two. For saltwater there are often 6 or 8 rods along with us. For fresh usually 3.

Leave a comment:

• senkoman12
    replied
    i usually bring my baitcaster and spinning if i see a lot of bluegill i take my fly rod

Leave a comment:

• Christian Emter
    replied
    1 and just change lures alot.

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    I usualy take at least two incase something happens to one of them, or if I might be fishing for several spieces. Why risk ruining a fishing trip by only taking one rod if you have more rods at home. One time I went fishing with my uncle, he had an ultra light and was messing aroung with pan fish as soon as we got there. On his third cast a big largemouth took his bait ran with it unspooled his line and snaped it, he was done for the day.

Leave a comment:

• Charley
    replied
    I usually bring a spinning, baitcasting and a fly rod.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad