No announcement yet.

do the banjo minnows work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They really don't work that good, they're to light so you can't cast them very far.

Comment

Bought the banjo set a few years ago. It's impossible to make it look like it does on the commercial. I would reccomend not purchasing it.

Comment

I bought the set when i was 12 and had more "luck" with them than i ever had before. They taught me more about fishing and how to catch fish than i ever thought possible. They are not the end all of fishing nor should that be expected of any bait. This is a soft plastic jerk bait that offers a unique presentation and would be a great addition to any tackle box. Obviously, there is a learning curve on making the bait to move the way its designed. It most likely wont work great in very dirty water since it is an almost entirely visual bait. I fail to understand the resistance to new things in the fishing world. The key pillars of fishing still apply but i would recomend giving it a shot. We all have baits in out tackle box that have never caught fish.

Comment

I am on my fourth set and have real good
          Luck and people will come and ask me what in the world am I useing just order a nother set

Comment

UPDATE: I just went to the website to get my banjo minnows. I think I know why some people say they are awesome and many say they aint worth a nickle. The company that makes the banjo minnow has changed their product. The old banjo minnows were extremely soft and pliable... they were squishy feelin and looked awesome in the water. This new style uses something different now that makes them look more rigid and less life like... probably because they added slots in the tails. The old stuff woulda got ripped in half easily if they added slots. Why the hell do people feel like they have to change what works? Oh well.... they were fun back 15-18yrs ago.

I dont know why so many people having problems with this lure. The banjo minnow is a superb lure. My next door neighbor brought them along on our 1st fishing trip. I dont think i have ever laughed so hard when he told me about them on the ride to the fishing hole. I started out with old trusty... white rooster tail spinner bait. Within 30 min i switched to the banjo minnow. We caught so many large mouth bass that day that my arm hurt from reeling and my thumb was raw from holding them by the mouth. I caught a few crappie but the way the bass just hammered those things was amazing. Plus the spring loaded hooks make it too easy to swap out for another color or size. Im about to order up anothet set of them. I cant speak for anything other small and large mouth bass, plus a few crappie. I had no problems floating them, sinking them or making them swim like an injured fish. Just have to use the right set up for where you want your lure. Is this a good lure for 40ft down, definitely not. Its best used in ponds and lakes (banks and brush). But to say the Banjo Minnow sucks is nonsense. We caught no less than 20+ fish a piece our 1st trip.

Comment

They work best with very clear water, to get the right action for the bait I recommend using 6-8 lb braided line or fluro, and a rod that has a soft tip on it. It's a visual bait so fishing it in murky water doesn't really produce, but I've had great luck other wise.

Comment

Mighty bite fishing lures just sale $16.70.$20 purchase free shipping. pls click https://www.shaddockfishing.com/products/100pcs-mighty-bite-tv-fishing-lures

Comment

Originally posted by Cgull View Post
                  Sure they will catch fish. So will any other peice of rubber with a hook attached Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox. The only Bad thing about the banjo is the hook is at the head of the lure, most hits will just take the rubber worm off issing the hook. You'll be better off buying a few different bags Power bait, Zoom Frogs or Strike King worms. I really like Stike King Zulus, with the garlic and salt impregnated into the worms making the fish hang on just a little long for a good hook set. I will alwys throw a Super Spook Jr, a Jitterbug, A white or chartreuse spinnerbaits, top water is by far my favorite way to catch a fish.
                  bait, and a handful of other lures; but just stick with the basics on your lures and baits and you will do much better and save a lot of money.
                  Last edited by CADYTANI; 09-25-2019, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad