Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do the banjo minnows work?

do the banjo minnows work?

I have heard from several people that they work good. But I have also heard that they suck from other people. Try asking around your local area, they might work in some parts of the country and not work in other parts.

Comment

Most of these "Super Lures" catch more fishermen than they catch fish. The manufactures do all this super advertising and catch a lot of fishermen but for those fishermen catching as many fish that's another story. I'd stay away from these so called Super lures. I have tried a few and had very little success but catch lots of fish on spinners, bait, and a handful of other lures; but just stick with the basics on your lures and baits and you will do much better and save a lot of money.

Comment

I had a friend that tried the banjo minnows and he said it was a waste of money.

Comment

Sure they will catch fish. So will any other peice of rubber with a hook attached. The only Bad thing about the banjo is the hook is at the head of the lure, most hits will just take the rubber worm off issing the hook. You'll be better off buying a few different bags Power bait, Zoom Frogs or Strike King worms. I really like Stike King Zulus, with the garlic and salt impregnated into the worms making the fish hang on just a little long for a good hook set. I will alwys throw a Super Spook Jr, a Jitterbug, A white or chartreuse spinnerbaits, top water is by far my favorite way to catch a fish.

Comment

I was suckered into buying them a few years ago. They actually work very well, BUT, are terrible at actually hooking the fish (so maybe they don't work that well). I would get lots of hits, but very few fish would get hooked. I assume this is because the hook is at the very front of the lure and is rarely pulled into the fish's mouth. Having the hook in this location is the only way to get the lure to work correctly however.

Comment

Looks like something that might be better at catching fishermen!

Comment

i bought them and i would advise you not to ... i mean you watch the tv and it looks amazing and just like everyone else has said you get hooked ... but anyway i bought them and it is nearly impossible to get the bait to actually look like is swims . i even went and bought a new rod to get the right action and it still never worked . but you can try them but let me know how they work for ya .

Comment

I'll sell you my Banjos, cheap.

Comment

I'll give you my banjos.

Comment

The Banjo and other baits that are advirtised on the mass media infomercials are just ment to catch the fisherman. You want to catch fish go down to the local baitstore and ask the locals what to use, or go on line to your states fish and game site and get the local fishing report for the water you want to fish.

Comment

Fish and fisherman will usually bite on anything that looks enticing or shiny! Why else would they put metalflake glitter on bass boats?

Comment

They didn't work for my friend so he gave like 2 dozen to me and trust me, don't waste your money on these! They have a pretty good natural presentation to them in the water but they don't even go 5 inches into the water and don't catch fish. But I have hears the larger version of these work for pike. It depends where you are fishing.

Comment

ill stick to my plastic worms and regular ol crank baits and spinners

Comment

Save your money and Don't be the one of the statistics that got sucker of buying it!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad