Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you catch spring suckers in small rivers? I live near one with some pools and i know theres small mouth bass in it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you catch spring suckers in small rivers? I live near one with some pools and i know theres small mouth bass in it.

How do you catch spring suckers in small rivers? I live near one with some pools and i know theres small mouth bass in it.

Is a spring sucker some kind of bait?

Comment

Do you want to catch small suckers to fish for bass with or do you want to catch the big suckers that are on their spring spawning run ?
      If you want small bait fish get a minnow trap and put some bread in it and toss it in the slow water. You can snag the bigger one's with a large treble hook with some weight on it . you can snag by sight or do it blindly by just casting in to a pool you think they are in and jerking and reeling your line in . check your regulations first on trapping bait and snagging it may not be allowed in your area.

Comment

i second cooner..but for the bigger ones go grabbing with a hook and a sinker kinda what he said but when the fish passes through sinker and hook you pull..rods are big line 40lbs reels are 808s or beter because the lil 2 lbrs can rip anything smaller into peices

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad