Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has any one had luck with red worm hooks and changing jerk bait and crank bait trebles with red trebles hooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has any one had luck with red worm hooks and changing jerk bait and crank bait trebles with red trebles hooks

has any one had luck with red worm hooks and changing jerk bait and crank bait trebles with red trebles hooks

I use red hooks for crappie jigs, worms and have replace some of my hard baits with red trebles. I havent seen an increase in catch with these rigs, but it dosent hurt to try so I add 1 red treble to the front of most of my hard baits and many come with red feathrs tied on the rear treble. On a different note, while wade fishing for reds and trout with sliver or gold spoons, I see an increase in catch with spoons with red tabs or red tube addedto the trebles.

Comment

I have used red hooks before, they do not increase the catch rate. I remember reading a study about a year ago on how it does not have an affect on the fish, all it really is helping to catch is fisherman purchasing them.

Comment

I'm with Cgull. I haven't seen any benefit from red hooks but I have had a great deal of success with the silver Mepps Aglia with the red rings on the body and it also has a red tube that covers the hook shank.

Comment

I gotta agree with what's been said, I've never seen a difference between red hooks and regular hooks...

Comment

I also agree with those above having BassFished for 30 years I can tell you I tried the RedHook deal more than once and the only fish it catches is us fishermen. And the red color comes off just stick with what the bait comes with, you'll be fine. Bait color doesn't hold alot of water either, if your catching fish on a green pumkin yum dinger and you run out they will still bite the same shape worm in a close color shade or combo.

Comment

no

Comment

I agree, red trebles don't hurt any but I also haven't seen to much of an increase of fish caught either. However, Kevin Vandam always talks about the bleeding bait spinnerbait and other bleeding baits and he really believes they work better so maybe.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad