• Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Night crawlers or chicken livers!

Leave a comment:

• dwaynez
    replied
    Shad, Shrimp, Beef Heart, Beef Liver, Cutbait, Live Perch, dip bait, stink bait, etc.

Catfish are easy to catch if you do a little research and don't mind putting in a little time to find out what they like. Most bodies of water have catfish in them and they are pretty easy to catch.

I catfish every single week and they go after something different each time. Don't be afraid to experiment with different baits and techniques, that is part of the fun of going after catfish.

Leave a comment:

• Charley
    replied
    Night crawlers or chicken livers- I have had the most luck on the lake by dropping the bait to the bottom and slow bouncing it as I drift along with the trolling motor.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    With an old crank telephone, drop a wire on boat sides of the boat and call them up!

Just kidding!!!

Leave a comment:

• weavto
    replied
    Chicken livers or little bluegill

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    Watch "Okie Noodler".

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    For some, guns, dynamite, or bare hands.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Depends on the species, fish the edge of current breaks for channel and blues with cut bait or worms fished on a slipsinker rig on bottom. For Flathead use large live bait suspended just off the bottom in eddys.

Leave a comment:

• buckeye
    replied
    I have always had good luck with cut bait, put it on a circle hook with at least 12lb test usualy a braided line on a medium heavy rod with a good reel. Heavy tackel and foul smelling bait, cast it in the water and wait.

Leave a comment:

• Sharkfin
    replied
    Catfish Grappling. Look it up online.

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    Some big cats, and some humans that are after them, in some places go nuts over back hooked live shiners or shad. Sinkers can be involved.

Some find success with hot dogs, cut bait, chicken livers, cheese, or even cornbread and hushpuppies. I say combine them all into a half-rotten sick-nasty disgusting goo or paste. They make little spongy absorbent foam baits to dip or rub all nasty like in it.

Chumming or throwing out a little bag or net of nastiness on a string is usually effective. Cast into the watery stench-zone you just made.

Leave a comment:

• adaboshi
    replied
    I like to use set lines with live minnows if I can find them.

Leave a comment:

• catfishclark10
    replied
    I usually use crawlers, livers, or stink bait. Use more heavy tackle though.

GO BRONCOS!

Leave a comment:

• usmcturkey
    replied
    Some night crawlers at night with my dad, down where the water from the lake rolls over a small damn in the river.

Leave a comment:

• huskerguy
    replied
    I use nightcrawlers and just bottom fish. I did run out of bait one time and used some shell mac and cheese for bait. Worked out pretty good, just couldn't cast to far out.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rip -rbg
    by FirstBubba
    I worked with an older gent once.
    Mr. "Aye" (pro. "A") was 84 years old, could have retired 19 years earlier, brought a homemade...
    Today, 10:17 PM
  • Rip -rbg
    by fitch270
    2020 adding to it's bag of tricks....
    09-18-2020, 09:26 PM
  • Super pigs.
    by 99explorer
    Wild boar hybrids can have piglets at three months of age.
    I've taken a few.

https://news.yahoo.com/super-pigs-piglets-only-3-0010...
    Today, 10:14 PM
  • Reply to Rip -rbg
    by 99explorer
    I just learned of a CIA report that Vladimir Putin himself is directing the Russian interference in our 2020 Presidential election, which was crowded...
    Today, 09:09 PM
  • Reply to Bows
    by PigHunter
    I hear ya! I finally got around to adjusting the new sight on my 90's vintage PSE. It's been restrung too. I've used a crossbow for the last 7 seasons...
    Today, 08:45 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X