Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i need a rod for catching bass but i dont know wat to get i like to use sinners but i dont have a good techneak any ideas on wat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need a rod for catching bass but i dont know wat to get i like to use sinners but i dont have a good techneak any ideas on wat

i need a rod for catching bass but i dont know wat to get i like to use sinners but i dont have a good techneak any ideas on wat to use and wat to do id really appreciate it!!!

If you want to have fun, go down to Walmart and pick up the Shakespear Microglass MFLY702 fly rod (under $20.00), and a spinning reel or Johnson Scorpion Under Spincast enclosed reel (under $12.00) spooled with 6 lb test. I've caught plenty of fish with this rig, feels funny with the reel behind your hand and can handle most baits and tackle with no problem. Plus you can get a fly reel with a 5 wt line and cast flies too.

Comment

I bought a Phlueger rod and reel, with 14 lb spiderwire at Bass Pro about 10 years ago and it will handle bass, crappie, catfish, etc. It is alittle more costly but well worth it IMO.

Comment

Hard to go wrong with an Ambassadeur 5500 on a 6-7 foot medium action rod of your choice.

Comment

A good medium weight spinning combo will give a lot of opportunity

Comment

I learned to bass fish with a medium spinning combo that was quite cheap, but it worked. I fished with plastic worms and caught a ton of bass in just about every pond. Even today, a texas-rigged worm is my favorite bass lure. At first, all you need to do is simply lift it of the bottom and let it fall. Bass will usually hit it on the way down. Then, wait a second or two and set the hook hard. If you learn to catch bass this way, you can catch em just about any other way you want because this method teaches you to "feel" the bite. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Comment

i love using light tackle, go out and buy a 5 foot st.croix or G.loomis if your looking for quality....or you could just go to walmart and pick up a $20 combo

Comment

I fish with shad sometimes using a 6' or 6'6'' med action spinning rod. Attach a slip bobber and thread hook through back of eye and shad will stay alive for a while, just use a light casting method (underhand/sidearm)so it doesn't smack the water.

Comment

My favorite spinning rod that I have ever used is the Shakespeare Excursion and it only costs $15.00 at Walmart.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Agreed with Sportsman Matt answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Shakespear Microglass MFLY702 fly rod!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad