Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Each year when the tide gets low my dad and I voyage out to the banks of Lake Redman. We find hundreds of dollars worth of lures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Each year when the tide gets low my dad and I voyage out to the banks of Lake Redman. We find hundreds of dollars worth of lures

Each year when the tide gets low my dad and I voyage out to the banks of Lake Redman. We find hundreds of dollars worth of lures including a 6.99 rattle trap and a 10.99 crank-bait. These hidden treasures can be found on stumps, rocks, and even high in the trees. So I ask you, what is the nicest thing you lost on a fishing trip when you thought you could land that bait right in the opening and do you ever take part in the free lure festivities when the drought occurs?

I lost a Rat-L-Trap when I was fishing Msine this past summer. Also, I have collected some lost lures. Last year there was a big droubt in town and the resivoir was VERY low. My friend and I must have collected 15 to 20 lures each!

Comment

Stretch 25 lost one of them every year when we are fishing for crocker and drum we search the rock for lead weights its nothing to spend 30 mins and find a couple pounds worth of lead weights anywhere from 1oz to 6oz and considering it cost around 4 bucks for 4 3oz weights you can save some money

Comment

I caught a log one day while trolling for salmon out the mouth of the Wind River. It was covered with lures of every kind. But they had been underwater for a long time, and weren't any good. Just then, a King Salmon jumped across the back of my boat, just to show me what I couldn't have. I can't afford to not catch a fish! Sold my boat and all my fishing gear and bought dawgz and never looked back!

Comment

Yes, when the local hydro lakes draw down I've been known to go lure picking!

Comment

I've not fished in my adult life but I do live on a very large lake. This lake is known for it's salmon and is fished quite a bit. I love to swim(even at my age) and you can't imagine the amount of fishing lures that I've found out swimming with mask and snorkel. I've given them to the local kids. I'm willing to bet that I'm over the 200 lure mark! Most are small lures and spinners but one was about 4' long and the silver spoon on the end was about 8" long with just one huge hook on the tail end of it. I never figured out what that guy was fishing for.

Comment

I would have to say a big expensive buck tail it was just pure bad luck i was just casting and i casted to hard with a baitcaster and the backlash stoped the line but didn't stop the bucktail from flying through the air!

Comment

I've found quite a bit of tackle. A 12 ft john, lawn chairs, tackle boxes, colt 1911, diving gear, spear guns, lures,lures and more lures all of the so jetty in Port Aransas Texas.

Comment

One year in Canada the lake we were fishing was 6 feet low!! we found many things, but the best had to have been my 6 foot G-loomis rod still use it today after probably 7 years!!!

Comment

I found a 22 dollar popper in a tree once and I caught a pay phone and cord in a pond once. Gotta say i have never lost anything really expensive though. I have lost a fair number of jigs and such on the bottom of Champlain though.

Comment

My grandfather dropped his entire tackle box overboard.

Comment

Oh believe me TJ we fish in a canoe, so I tie a rope to the tackle box due to too many close calls and almost tipping over.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad