Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the weirdest fish you caught and where did you catch it (our weird fish in maine is the fallfish) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the weirdest fish you caught and where did you catch it (our weird fish in maine is the fallfish) ?

what is the weirdest fish you caught and where did you catch it (our weird fish in maine is the fallfish) ?

My dad once had a huge dogfish on his line, it looked pretty weird. We were in Michigan.

Comment

River eel in the Mississippi. I don't reall know if it would be classifed a fish. lovetohunt is right dogfish are weird. Is that the same fish as the grennel?

Comment

caught a mudpuppy in wisconsin once

Comment

Caught a Burbot in Alaska. Blowfish in Fla. But the weirdest was a 6 foot Skate in AK. Looks like a Stingray with a sharks tail, pulls like a Mack truck.

Comment

i caught a Wolffish once. Scary looking things. I was using the longest pair of pliers to get it off the hook.

Comment

Oops....forgot to include location. It was off the coast of MA.

Comment

a sheeps head in lake huron pulls like a truck

Comment

I dont know what it was called but it was really wierd

Comment

A yellow cat out of a farm pond when I was a kid. It was wider than it was long - a lopsided yellow Hershey kiss with a short stubby tail. It was the middle of the night and no one would touch it when I beached it. But we had hijacked some Little Kings so perhaps it looked a bit exaggerated.

Comment

EasterShore,
                      That was a good description. LOL

Comment

Probably a robin fish in a bay in ocean city, MD. I pulled it up and it looked like it had wings, very strange.

Comment

i was trout fishing one day and i caught i sucker fish on a spinner

Comment

I live in Michigan but fished all over the country and i know it said fish but turtles, ducks, seagulls, and pelicans to go with dogfish, eels, gar,snake head fish, prob more while pier fishing in the ocean. Amazing the number of fish while bass fishing even worse when your in a tourney.

Comment

i caught a hog fish once

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad