Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you rig a plastic tube?

how do you rig a plastic tube?

Depends,you can use a jig head or a off set shank worm hook. With a jig head I usally put a spit on the jig head to make it slide in the tube easeier, with the hook slide the eye of the hook through the head of the tube at an angle so it comes out the nose of the tube that way you can fish it a Texas rig or a Carolina rig hope that helps.

Comment

Jighead or off set bass worm hook on a texas rig or a carolina rig.

Comment

You can also slide a bullet weight up the tube to give it weight and hide the lead at the same time. I would recommend a Gamakatsu EWG worm hook. They can be a little tricky to rig on a tube but sit really well on the bait. A little bit of practice rigging them and you will be good to go.

Comment

I use a jig head, put it through the hole at the bottom at pop the eye through the side

Comment

Carolina rig and drop shot works too.

Comment

As above, but I also like rigging an undersize tube behind a big jig head then adding a tail off of a minnow.

Comment

I like to use a Texas rig.

Comment

I rig them Texas style with no weight at all. In the weed beds on a local lake I cast to any spot that "looks fishy" and give it a quick twitch or two when it hits the water. It darts back and forth just below the surface and when they take it the water just explodes.

Comment

Definitely Jig head!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad